Companies, Banks, Governments, NGOs, etc. keep on asking the same questions:
What is the best solution for Cyber Security? The best Hardware? The best Software? What is the best company in Cyber Security? Is there any Plug & Play Solution? Can we have a Zero-Day Attack Solution?
The simple answer to the above questions is NO! We must change our Mindset from treating Cyber Security as a purely technical problem because IT IS NOT!
How to deal with Cyber Security?
- Cyber Security is not just a technical problem: Cybersecurity is also an economic, psychological, and human behavioral challenge, all rolled into one.
- Cyber Security is a RISK: We must approach Cybersecurity the way we approach other risks.
- A different set of rules governs cyberspace: The concepts of distance, borders, and proximity all operates differently in cyberspace compared to the physical world.
- Cybersecurity is “New,” and we are still learning: No One can claim that he knows everything related to Cyber Security… Reading, updating yourself and adapting to changes are keys to familiarize the digital world.
- Select a risk management framework that fits your organization: NIST Framework could be a start!
- Take the time to implement your chosen framework fully: Don’t expect instant results!
- Review implementation regularly: Like you are reviewing the implementation of a Firefighting Plan!
Three things to keep in mind:
- Training & Awareness is a MUST especially to fight Social Engineering.
- There is no Solution for Cyber Security… It is a Continuous Process!
- Cyber Security must be Proactive, not Reactive.
Don’t let “Perfection” be the enemy of “Better than Before.”