This course will provide an overview and fundamental understanding to the concepts essential to the cyber security professional. Attendees will understand how to categorize and value organizational assets, and how to mitigate risk to these resources. Within this context, attendees will be introduced to various types of security policies, understand how security controls must follow the policy, and the application of security controls to enforce policy. We will explore how cyber security policy can be enforced in the operating system, in software development, in networks, and through various mechanisms such as cryptography. attendee will engage with the concept incident response, and the process of handling a breach including investigation and forensics. Finally, attendees will learn the roles leaders can play in enhancing, supporting, and promoting cyber security in organizations.
It is vitally important for attendees to have both a conceptual understanding of cyber security and applied practice. Therefore, this course will have a signi cant hands-on element that will introduce attendees to a plethora of cyber security tools and allow them to immerse themselves in cyber security operations. We will explore basic cyber security scripting utilizing Python; threat analysis; vulnerability assessment; traﬃc analysis, encryption; penetration testing; and several other topics.
Topics explored by the attendees upon completion of the course include:
- Multifactor authentication frameworks and systems
- Mobile operating systems and apps security
- Malware detection and intrusion detection
- Security and privacy in cloud computing and storage
- Security, privacy, and fairness in machine learning
- Blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies
- Certi cation, auditing, penetration testing, and stress testing
- Physical security and internet-of-things